Wednesday, September 1, 2010

August 30 Letter

Well, this week has been good and bad. I got a cold/the flu and I have not been feeling very well. But it has been a whole lot cooler too. Which is super nice! I mean it is still in the 90's but the humidity has gone down and it has just been nice. So I felt like crap but would have felt worse if it had been hotter. Man I think I have run into some of the most annoying people this week while I have been sick. It is frustrating. They are argumentative and usually I am fine but when I don't feel well. You might want to look out. This one annoying "reformed" baptist (which is stupid, he is still baptist which is a lazy religion) was so arrogant with his only the bible is correct and I rather nicely told him that he was limiting God because that is not what the revelations scripture means. Man he did not like that. Yes it was a little harsh but the Book of Mormon says it pretty much like that in 2 Nephi 29, so I don't feel bad. He was rude.
Anyway I found a plot and the Elder's did not believe me until the very end. But you know me always thinking up weird things. Well, the ward has a lot of younger couples with small children because there is a really good optometry school here in Memphis so a lot of couples come from Utah for four years while they are in school. Well this last week all the houses we went to Sunday- Thursday where second year optometry school families and all of them served us chicken Alfredo. All of them. Five nights in a row. I mean don't get me wrong I love chicken Alfredo. But they had to have planned it. It was just too weird. Then now that we all thought about it. They would say things like. Have you eaten a lot of Italian lately or ask us who we had eaten with. The Elder's thought I was just weird until the last night we walked into the Winter's house and guess what we were having... chicken Alfredo. I have not had it once before on my mission at a member's house. Not once in six months. Then five times in a row and all the guys know each other. Yeah I am right. We are trying to come up with something to do back to them to let them know we figured it out. But we can't think of anything.
So yesterday after church we were sitting out in our car in the parking lot eating our meager lunch. We bring lunch's with us a lot because we live so far from the major part of our area and we can't waste miles. Well we were hoping that someone would sign up from dinner at church. No one did and the Elder's can just go home and make something. Well we did not bring much for lunch and dinner so Sister Pabst had some bread and an apple and I had fruit snacks and chips oh and some gold fish Elder Robinson gave me because he did not want them from a package from home and so they were in the car. Anyway a member saw us and was like. No!!! No that is not all right! You are coming to our house for lunch! It is not like we were there because we wanted that to happen. We felt very pathetic. Like oh poor sister missionaries have no food. It is true and I did not feel that bad because it was good food. It was pretty funny though. Anyway... things are going good here. I had a President's interview this week. I'm thinking Sister Pabst and I will probably be staying here another transfer but we really never know. We have another week then we will find out. I can't believe I have been in Mississippi for almost a transfer all ready. Elder Robinson will be leaving for another area is what it sounds like which will be sad because we all get along so well. He only has one more transfer anyway before he goes home.
That's about it for this week.
LOVE FROM THE SOUTH
SISTER BROADHEAD

No comments: