Tuesday, October 12, 2010

September 7 Letter

Happy Labor Day yesterday y'all! I am e-mailing this week on Tuesday because yesterday everywhere was closed to e-mail so I get to do it today instead. It is alright though because we do not have any meetings this week because it is transfer week. Everyone that does have transfers goes to the meeting but since neither Sister Pabst or I are getting transferred we don't go. So this would be a very long week if not for e-mailing this morning. Elder Robinson is getting transferred to Little Rock. He is not an AP. Elder Summers is staying and getting a greenie so that will be fun. Elder Andersen is getting a companion because his companion died (went home) but we do not know who the new one will be yet. Probably a ZL and Summers will be DL or Andersen will get a DL and our ZL will be in another part of the Zone. We will find out tomorrow I guess.
So we had a good Sunday. K... so we concocted a plan to get the Soto's (a less-active family) who lives up in Whitehaven (just south of Memphis, pretty much in Memphis, but in our area) to church. Every week we see them and they say they will and then... nothing... nothing... annoying... anyway. So we decided to do something about it. We decided to show up at there house and bring them breakfast. How can you say no to that. So we had some pancake mix and eggs so we thought pancakes and eggs. But then we were like. Waffles would be so much better. So we asked if we could borrow the Elder's waffle maker. Elder Robinson said no.. just because he is annoying. Anyway they let us but we went to their apartment after dinner and they did not have time to come with us so they just gave us the key. Well you know me we had to do something. I am not THAT mean so we just took off the door to their oven (which is actually really easy, you just pull it right off, so it is a easy fix too) well we hid it in their bathtub. It was pretty good. They are chill Elder's or I would not have done it. Anyway we made waffles the night before and went to their house. Well we did tell them a few days before that we had a surprise for them Sunday morning at eight but I don't think they really thought we would do it. So SURPRISE. So Brother and Sister Soto came to church. We watched them in our rear view mirror the whole way. And one of their daughters. The other kids were out of town but it was a start. Sister Soto was like oh that was so nice. And brother Soto was like. Don't encourage them or they will come back next week. I looked at him and said, "We would". The Lambs came to church too so it was a good Sunday.
Yeah we are getting two new sisters this transfer so I thought President might change his mind and switch us but he is putting the new permanent sister with Sister Miller in Millington, TN and switching her new greenie. Who has been out only one transfer and she is taking the temple square sister and they are opening Momel, AR. Crazy. I have been out 6 months and I would be freaking out to do that. Good thing it is not me. Oh sister Pabst is so sweet. Sunday night she was like. I have an idea. I have a surprise for us to do tomorrow. I was like alright... what is it? She was like I am not going to tell you. I was like is it something you would like... or something I would like. You will see. Uh So at six-thirty we got us (that is not unusual) but I am not a morning person. I can barely walk right. We walked all across the apartment complex. Which is huge to the swing set to swing as the sun came up. Anyone else would enjoy that. I would as well if it was at a normal time of day. Not at six-thirty. I am awake at six-thirty but not liking it. She is so happy in the mornings. It annoys me. Love her though.
The weather this week has been sooooooo nice. Like 85 degrees. No humidity. Heavenly. Tracting was not painful. Still eeee. But not painful. I am glad I am going to be staying in Southaven. I do like it here. That's all for this week.
LOVE FROM THE SOUTH
SISTER BROADHEAD

No comments: