Saturday, July 31, 2010

April 19 Letter

I love the south! It super great. The members feed us great! I mentioned to Kenya my favoirte food is steak and potatoes and she and Richard (Martinez) made us some. So great! I love being over there. It is more like being home. Other members houses I need to "be a missionary" but there they don't care. It is great. And we watched The Testiments. It was a great relaxing night. I have gotten to the point that I really miss home but I would miss it here too if I left. I will feel better when I get farther in and 16 1/2 more months did not feel so overwhelming. Oh and we tried to play tennis with the Martinez'z. Well sis. miller rocks at it. Kenya and I SUCK and Richard is all right. I accidentally hit sis. miller in the head with the ball. It was pretty funny. She is so bossy sometimes. She loves to exercise right and I well don't so on p-day we go over and work out with Kenya and she is always like you can do it Sister Broadhead and I am like, I know I can. I just don't want to. Today Kenya's "non-member" friends we are starting to teach came over with us and totally opened up. It's great!
Man I have been needing to get cooler clothes because it is starting to get freaking hot! I don't even notice the humidity difference right now. Maybe I will more in the summer. Ah but these last few weeks it has gotten SO green and for a few weeks lilacs would randomly bloom all over trees. It was super cool. I loved it. And there are some flowers down here that are So pretty.
Man, Gravin Gardens was so beautiful and I had a great time and I slept like the whole car ride there and back. It was cool. But my camera busted and I don't know what to do. Sigh!
So the new convert family I am sure I have talked about are the GREATEST! Richard is getting ready to baptize Kimmilie and Isaac. It is so awesome! AND So we were freaking out yesterday because we got a call from an older missionary couple yesterday who are in our district and they said they have talked to a man in our area who knows a family who is about ready for the missionaries. So sis miller called him and he wanted us to come wed. night to meet with them but Cortez and Andersen (district leader) are coming down to talk to Richard about the priesthood to help him get ready, and we don't really know anything about it. We the man was like, oh the new convert who works at Aerojet? we are like yeah... and is from El Salvador? yeah... oh this is his boss you are going to teach. RICHARDS BOSS!!! Because how much Richard has changed his boss gotten more interested and has started asking questions. AHHH awesome! And Kenya (Martinez) get her best friends interested and we are teaching her family and it is just great stuff!!! We are super excited and are praying so hard not to be transfered in two weeks. It's just great. We have been so busy teaching people and I am praying for some of them to open their hearts and change. Sigh. But great stuff is happening down here! And I am getting eaten ALIVE by misquito's. It is SO bad. I have 20 right now. It is awful. They are everywhere.
There is a new sister coming this transfer but there was supposed to be two but one dropped out. Apparently that happens a lot. So someone will be in a trio.
Packages are great even not for holidays. Oh I can read any gospel doctrine book and listen to any uplifting music. Our mission president is not super strict on things like that so we listen to mostly disney music and gospel pop. It is cool. But the storms here are crazy awesome but I have not heard a tornado horn yet. Sigh. I am excited to hear one.
LOVE YOU!!
Sister Broadhead
P.S. In the south there are like 100 churches in each town right. And most of them have signs in front with sayings. I have seen about a billion and some are pretty funny. So, this is my southern church sigh for the month of April. "Friends don't let friends go to Hell" ahahahah brought to you by the Bible Baptist church of Hot Springs, Arkansas.

No comments: