Saturday, July 31, 2010

June 7 Letter

So good news. Kimmilie and Isaac were baptized yesterday!!! They wanted it to be a surprise but we found out. Oh well. I don't know how they expected to do it without us because we are the ones that put the program together. And we lead and play the music and if they wanted us to do a musical number and whatnot. Anywho. Richard did not do it, President Olsen did but that is all right. It just had to be done. Let's see what else. I have officially been out 3 months this week. I do not like humidity here. Since we are so far down here they say the summers are almost as bad as Luisianna so great. It's not even close to as bad as it gets appartly.
Transfers are next week. I love my companion, we get along totally fine but we get on each others nerves and have been together 3 months so I kind of hope there is a change. I do not dislike her at all but I might just strangle her in her sleep one of these nights. We are friends and would be but having to be together all the time is not the best for our friendship. She is just a bit too critical and that aggravates me after a while.
Man these people down here in the South are weird sometimes!!!! Oh and I had greens for the first time. Turnip greens. They are not that good. I don't really like them. We went over and had dinner at The Martinez's on Memorial day (which is a big deal down here) and had some good food. I am having to teach Sister Miller to be accepting of things. She does not like to accept things from people. Well we serve and people want to serve back it helps them grow too. Well anyway we just have to let people serve us too sometimes.
Yeah what else happened this week... I don't know... We got this guy to come to church that we have been working on him for a while so that was awesome. This girl we have been teaching said she would come to church. When we got there a member said that a referal she gave a while ago called her and said she was coming. She had the lessons some quite a while ago before Sis. Miller and I. So... 5/6 months ago and then would not anwer our calls. We dropped her last week. Well it turns out we have been teaching her 17 year old daughter who is really interested and she wanted her to come with her so she did. Ha funny how that works. Oh and Lavette is still MIA.
MMMM I think that's about it this week. I find out next monday if I, or Sister Miller are out of here, or if someone else is joining us.
LOVE FROM THE SOUTH
SISTER BROADHEAD (AMY)

No comments: