Saturday, July 31, 2010

May 17 Letter

Everything is going great down here! I am Awesome! We are going to have 5 baptisms this month!!!!!!! And we had 11 investigators at church again.Yeah Arthur who I was talking about last time committed to baptism on the 30th and Lavette and her three kids are getting baptized the same day! The story of Arthur is really awesome though. When he was like in high school sixty plus years ago his parents had missionaries board with them in West Virginia. They never taught them or anything but Arthur had a really good impression of them. Well, that is why he let us come in and teach him. Well we have been more bold with him than any other person we have taught because we both felt very strongly when we taught him. He is the only remaining person in his family alive and they are waiting for him to do their work even though he is 74. Well after he said he would be baptized he mentioned the missionaries and how he would like to talk to them again someday. Well he gave us their full names (including middle names) from 60 years ago and that they were from Utah. We found them on the internet at Kenya's and called them. One could not talk to us because he is on a mission in Salt Lake but he called us back and left a message. He was so glad to hear that simply his good example from so long ago is still effecting people for the better. AWESOME!!! He remembered Arthur and his family. It is super cool. Oh my gosh another awesome story. We gave this lady a card and set up a time to meet with her like my second week here. Well she was not home and we could not get a hold of her. And she kept sticking in my head because of her reaction to our first message. So, she called us a month later and said she was having a really had time and she wanted us to come and teach her and her children and she is super ready for it! Awesome! We are teaching a lot of other great people. Camden Rocks! I am already almost halfway done with this transfer. Weird!
Lets see what else. I just kind of think about missionary work now so I can't really think of... well it is getting humid! Awesome. We will be tracting and sweating bullets and be wiping our sopping foreheads. It's gross and I have Zone Conference tomorrow. Uh President will pick on me because he knows how much I hate speaking in front of everyone. Great. So I am dreading that a bit but then our DL Elder Morgan is coming down with us to Camden to do baptismal interviews for Lavette, Cha'atiavanna, Cha'alton, Napoleon and Arthur. Oh ha aha So I was in primary helping because this small little branch is being overwhelmed with more children. The branch is getting a ton bigger so I "helped". Probably made it worse with my ability to make children more hyper. Well Cha'atiavanna (who is 12, or Teisha) and I had fun in primary (she is the only girl who is YW age in the branch so we did not know what to do with her so she chilled with me) we had fun convincing this girl that her father was actually an alian. Apparently it is a family joke already so we were not scarring her for life or anything. ha
AAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND
DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD we finally saw a turtle. Ashley texted us and said she had a box turtle for us and we went and visited it yesterday and drew on it with a sharpy. We put our names on the bottom and "join the mormons" on the top in honor of my bishop at home. Of course I got pictures. I'm sure he appreciated us a lot. Anywho If any baptist see it they with know it is a "sign". Oh baptists. Speaking of baptists. Kenya works at her mom's taco stand and there is another girl who works there who apparently does not like us at all. Yeah we had never said one thing even slightly mean to her. I don't think I have said more than 10 words to her simply in passing. Kenya says it's because we have the spirit and makes her feel uncomfortable and when we come she leaves and sits in her car while we are there. ha And another worker was like, "what is she not christain?" and Kenya was like, "she is Baptist!" and wispery like it was a bad secret. ha ha it made me laugh.
Anywho. This may come out really badly spelled but I can't see the screen very well. So I love you all and hope you are doing great!
LOVE AMY

No comments: