Saturday, July 31, 2010

April 26 Letter

I can't believe I have been in Arkansas for 5 weeks. 8 for my whole mission. I find out next monday morning if I am getting transfered. So I will let you know. K so this week we argued with a Penticolstal man about the trinity because it says "On the right hand of God" not "by the right hand of God". Man he was intense! We were like, doesn't that confuse you? Yeah they are the Holy Rollers and have some interesting beliefs. And a baptist preacher who tried to convince us that Melkisedik (I have no idea how to spell it, the man the higher priesthood was named after) was actually Jesus that came down in a different body another time because it calls him the King of Peace. Christ is the Prince of Peace and Melkisadek? was the actual King of Salem and High Priest of the church with Abraham. Weird people!
For Zone meeting we were up in Hot Springs and Sister Miller and I sang together. She has a pretty soprano voice. We carpooled up with the Monticello elders because they were going to come back with us after and go see the Martinez's again with us. Well the meeting went well and afterwards we went to a place called Buffillo Bills? that has awesome wings. They have 10 different sauces and all you can eat wings on wednesdays and we "happened" to go on a wednesday. Yeah. 16 Elders and 2 Sisters. Poor weightress's. Our DL, Elder Cortez was like better not get any of THOSE drinks (alcoholic) and I was like "yeah, as if YOUR old enough!" Ahhhahahha got him. I did the all you can eat and I ate like 38! The Honey BBQ were SOOO good. But one of the ZL's ate 60 and was going to have more but we had to leave. The look on the weightress's face was priceless!!!
Ah man Friday night we had a crazy storm!!! They sky goes completely black and low and there was lightning about every 2 seconds then constantly all over the sky. We had never seen anything like it. It lit up the whole sky. It was awesome! Then the thunder came just as I was trying to go to bed. Sister Miller was still watching it but I was too tired and we had already watched it for like an hour. I was almost asleep when this LOUD thunder went off and it sounded like gun shots and I JUMPED out of bed and ran into the kitchen. I knew what it was but I would not have been suprised in this town. IT was a COOL storm. There is nothing like it in Utah.
Man the misquito's are getting worse. This week I had 25 at one time on my right leg alone. It is awful. I am ready for fall and it is not even summer yet!
Oh after Zone meeting we (Sister Miller, me, Elder Cortez, and Elder Andersen) stopped in Arkadelphia to go see a couple referals the Elders in Hot Springs are slacking on. The address sent us to the middle of no where. We followed the GPS and we went 6 miles down this gravel road in the jungle looking area. It was swampy on both sides and so we put on the music to Tarzan. It was funny. Well we found it eventually. And they were not home so we took one side and went three down and the Elders took the other. Well we came back and they took about another 45 minutes. Well we were angry because we missed an apointment back in Camden. But they were teaching a girl who is in college named Megan who actually lives with a member girl and they taught her the first lesson. Well we sent back this week and taught her the second lesson and she seems really promising. They member roommate is awesome!
Troy and Geniva (Kenya and Richards friends) are doing well and are moving along. Troy appartly thinks I am cool so now that he knows we are not freaks trying to trick him it is going better. So we went over and taught them this week again and we knew all of his concerns through Kenya who got them from Geniva so we could address them in the lesson without him even knowing but he did ask some questions so that is good. And we went over and just chatted with them Saturday night and I think it is going super well!!!
Yeah that was pretty much my week.
LOVE SISTER BROAHDEAD
(Amy)
I miss my name!

No comments: