Saturday, July 31, 2010

May 10 Letter

So we are on the second week of the transfer now and things are going great. Yesterday was mothers day so I spent pretty much all day talking to my family so some of you might have already heard some of my update. Oh well. I'm pretty sure my companion and the Martinez's know my family and I are freaks after seeing my sibling and I talk and make faces over web-cam. Ha! I had to speak yesterday in church which as usual was painful but the Branch President knows I hate it so he likes to torture me. But the branch usually never has more than 34-40 people a sunday. But yesterday there was 54! With the 11 investigators we had come!!!!! AWESOME I know! We had Geneva and her two kids. And Zoe turned 8 this week. YES! And Geneva's husband actually came which is huge because he has not been to a church in 8 years! So YAY! He also brought his Seventh Day Adventist best friend. I was a little shocked Kelly came too. But it's all good. We had Arthur there again which is awesome because he called us on friday and said he changed his mind and did not want to come anymore, he was going back to his methodist church and not to come back the next day. Well Sister Miller just did what she always does and ignored his doubt and said "Oh ok Arthur, well we will see you tomorrow." Ha and it worked. We went back on Saturday and taught him the plan of salvation and he said hw would come back. And yesterday's church was awesome. A member spoke after me and he is a awesome speaker. It was great. Amy Hull was also there. Good name too. So we do not get a lot of referals from this branch because it is so small. Well this lady named Katie Vollmer had a friend who recently moved here who she is in a club for mom's with little children. Amy had been asking her questions and even went and checked out a Book of Mormon from the library! Well Katie was being super cautious because she is friends with her and did not want to push it. Well honestly sometimes you need to push it a tiny bit and we are trained for this and know what we are doing. Anyway she finally gave us her information so we went over and just introduced ourselves. She is SUPER nice and said she really wanted us to come back and we will probably have Katie come too. Always a good idea. And she wanted to come to church but they would be out of town for mother's day. Well, she called us back on Saturday and said that it was mother's day, her day and she wanted to come to church. It was great and so she came. We are super excited about her. She is so ready for the gospel. And Lavette was supposed to come. Her and 3 of her kids have baptism dates but her husband started having chest pains at one sunday morning and they had to go to the hospitol in Little Rock. Ah. So hopefully that is all right for her. It has been kind of cold and rainy this week but honestly it was good after the humid nasty heat. Uh! Um I don't really know what else to say....
LOVE FROM THE SOUTH
Amy (Sister Broadhead)
P.S. Church sign for the month of May, 2010. This one my companion told me about she saw in Tenessee. Thanks to the Baptists. "Don't read the Book of Mormon. That's how they get you." ahahahahahahaha Priceless.

No comments: