Saturday, July 31, 2010

May 24 Letter

Yay so my 2 month anniversary was yesterday for being here in Arkansas and 2 months today in Camden. Time is flying. This week was a bit slow. We had some bad weather and a LOT of cancelled appointments and we could not tract if it is lightning so we could not do much but we made up for it saturday and sunday. Ah man is it hot and humid. And apparently it will only get worse. EEEk. So zone conference was good. Not as bad as I thought. I had to have an interview with President. (We all do once a transfer) and he is cool and nice but I am not good at talking sometimes. Well anyway it is always great to be with other missionaries because the closest ones are an hour away. The DL carpooled with us and we went and he interviewed Arthur for baptism while sis. Miller, Elder Andersen and I chilled in the kitchen. Arthur is awesome and is for sure getting baptized on sunday. Well Lavette... sigh well she is going through some hard stuff and we don't what exactly is going on there but we are praying... sigh. But there is a lady who said she wanted to be interviewed this week after zone meeting and this is great. She is married to a mormon, all his family is mormon and is really pressuring her but she was raised penticostal and her father is a penticostal preacher. Well she has had the lessons like 5 times and is pretty much always at church and has been teaching the children about baptism and recieving the holy ghost and is not baptized. ha well we have not said anything to her about it since I got here and she said she is ready. YAY!!!! So we are happy about that and will work on Lavette.
Oh goodness so we are teaching this guy out in East Camden. Well he is pretty solid except we can't get him to come to church. He is so close. Well he is 19 and the only time he gets to sleep is on the weekend. I really thought he might come this week since we had such a good lesson on saturday and he said this cool thing. "It all fits together so perfectly so either Joseph Smith was a genius and made it all up or it's true." Awesome.
President gave us an assignment to read the Book of Mormon and highlight in different colors 1) whenever Christ's name is mentioned 2) his attributes 3) doctrine 4) when he specifically speaks to us, as in it says "and Christ said unto them. He also mentioned how it would be cool if we also highlighted when it said the word "all" but that was not a part of the assignment but Sis. Miller and I are both doing it anyway. It is quite interesting. And good thing I just finished the Book of Mormon the day before he gave us the assignment so now I get to start over again. It takes forever and I am not spending all my study time on that but also reading the New Testiment. Anyway... I am already on week 4 of the transfer and there will probably be some changes because the new sister is for sure coming out. Sister Miller will probably go because she has been here longer and I will take over the area with a still more experienced sister. I just don't like change. Well I am on a mission. But if I stay that means I will be here 3 transfers. That's pretty long for a sister to be in one place. I would like to go somewhere else just because this is the only place I have been and it would be cool to find out the differences. Oh well. We will see. I am just not going to worry about it. I am not terribly concerned. Whatever happens happens. Yeah this week was not terribly eventful. Talk to you all next week. Oh yeah I gave blood for the first time on monday. We went in and I was super nervous but sis. Miller usually almost passes out so I was like ah. Well they were like how tall are you. Well I am 5'5 and sis. miller is 5'2. Well as a girl you have to be at least 5'5 to donate the special double blood thing. And over 175 lbs. and I am and sis. miller is not and have type b or O blood and apparently I do... Well they were like I don't want to pressure you or anything but that would be great because you give double red blood cells and I was like whatever. It took a lot longer though. It was weird because they take blood and automatically seperate it into three bags and then give you back your plasma so they can take more red blood and then give you back your plasma and so on. Well it felt weird when they gave it back to you. But it made it so I could give more red blood cells and be ok. I was totally fine until they gave me back the extra red blood cells and then I thought I was going to be sick. We did get stickers that said "Be nice to me, I gave blood today" and we showed that to anyone who was being mean to us (Richard Martinez) ha. Yeah that was my week. And we got asked if we were penticostal because we took a day off wearing makeup and the skirts of course. No we are not. Well she was so we got her name and number to call her and teach her the gospel. ha

LOVE AMY (SISTER BROADHEAD)

No comments: